Monday 1 March 2010

Chewing The Blue Chalk

The rain don't fall
the sun won't shine
but the wind cannot blow any harder.
I did stupid things
to impress you sugar,
they only pushed you farther.

This faceless life
in a prison cell
faking death to make time fly,
I didn't beg
when you pulled my wings off,
and never asked you why.

I discovered Heaven
after coming home from hell,
unpacked my bags and nursed the scars.
All the drunks I'd been
I gave back to the devil
no more hangovers, no more bars.

But where were you
on the eve of clarity?
Leaving a diary filled with sadness.
Those written confessions
left me crouching
on the tongue of madness.

Come kiss crazed girl
my favourite dancer
let me love you fresh and true.
Paint me black
or a neon red
but please don't paint me blue.

Sober now so strange a land
like testing bath water
in the dark,
the storm has quit
the sun's arrived
flushed from a recent spark...

@Steven Francis poems 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment