Monday 15 March 2010

SteNic (The Horror Replaced)

I step outside of EverWorld
lost to hate.
Ravens no longer roost
in my ribcage
pecking at the melody within.
These bones cradle a heart
as gentle as rainbows,
the terrible cry of the reaper bird
has hushed.

Shadows clot no more,
she is light
my happy ending,
the madness bit the bullet.

I had lived like a rumour
in a corner,
with scabbed lungs
padded liver
and both claws on hemp rope,
but nightmares end
all godless things must die.

Nana Love has touched me,
razors have turned to feather
the chainsaw song is heard,
madness no longer a crime.

Alone on drugged plains
I had twitched like a Turkish dancer
for attention,
needing to drown the feral crazes
in applause.
Hunting for a crowd
to hide in,
to escape ravages of solitary
the gothing extreme.

But no more.
My plague queen has Christened me
and tamed the tumour,
true love iced the loathing.
Humbly caught
I cannot miss any of those kisses.

Fevered creations have had
their funerals,
whipping posts turned to ash.
Nana Love catches me
this is forever,
I am born
this is my birth.
New York has never been
so supersonic...

@Steven Francis poems 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment